I am a senior-level biologist and independent biological consultant with considerable expertise in avian biology, population ecology, project permitting, technical writing, geographic information systems, and database management and extensive project experience in the electrical transmission, residential development, wind and solar industries. When you are hiring a consultant, you are developing a relationship with a trusted advisor, and I feel this website represents well who I am.
- experienced: with over 15 years of consulting experience in California and other western states and over 20 years of experience working as a naturalist and biologist in a wide variety of ecosystems, working for other firms as Vice President and Director of Biological Services.
- able to provide DBE credit when needed: I have a partnership with a woman-owned consulting firm that you can contract me through if needed.
- permitted: I have a recovery permit to conduct surveys for California Gnatcatcher, Southwestern Willow Flycatcher, and Yellow-billed Cuckoo and extensive experience conducting protocol surveys for Least Bell’s Vireo, Burrowing Owl, and Desert Tortoise.
- well-versed in environmental law: I have a thorough knowledge of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and Federal Endangered Species Act (FESA) and how these state and federal policies, as well as local land use and environmental policies, apply to the project permitting process.
- an experienced manager of large and often controversial projects: With a background that includes roles as Director of Biological Services, Vice President, and Chief Operations Officer of other firms, I have written CEQA documents for some of the largest development projects in the State of California, including projects in Kern, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, and San Diego counties. I have considerable expertise with project permitting under the Western Riverside County Multiple Species Habitat Conservation Plan. I have also written due diligence documents for large projects in northern California, Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada.
- well-connected: I can quickly assemble large teams of experienced biologists to provide expert assistance on the largest of projects.