I am currently offering my services as a tour leader and advisor to lodges who wish to initiate or expand ecotourism services based on the successful template I developed at Lamanai. Contact me through the form at the bottom of the Birding page to start a discussion about how we can work together to increase birding traffic at your facility. Some options include:
- On-site visits and remote support, such as developing programs, literature, websites, etc.
- Events such as “Birding Weeks”, where I offer full time guiding services and expertise to visitors.
- Permanent contracting as your facility’s ornithologist.
The following is a summary of regions where I have birding experience and could lead or co-lead tours:
- United States, particularly the east coast (including Florida), Midwest, California, Pacific Northwest, and Alaska.
- Canada, especially around Point Pelee.
- Baja peninsula, Mexico.
- Costa Rica.
- Trinidad & Tobago.
- Puerto Rico.
- Dominican Republic.
From a marketing perspective, I am able to develop all marketing materials and planning for birding tours. On the ground in the field, I am known for my excellent vision (for spotting birds) and keen song identification skills. I care greatly about clients having an excellent experience and learning about the ecology of the species they are observing and the area they are touring. I fully understand the importance of maximizing the number of species observed during the relatively short period of the trip, as this may be their only chance to visit the area. It is the guide’s job to make this opportunity count.